The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon everyone. Lots happening today. We have the stupid bowl...uh, make that Super Bowl, the last day of play for the Phoenix Open and it's Groundhog Day. I read that whether he sees his shadow or not, it is predetermined. I got this at Foxnews.com:
Quote:In reality, Phil's prediction is decided ahead of time by a group called the Inner Circle, whose members don top hats and tuxedos for the annual ceremony on Gobbler's Knob, the tiny hill in the town for which he's named about 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh...
...Other prognosticating groundhogs include Staten Island Chuck in New York and General Beauregard Lee in Atlanta.
it doesn't sound fair, give a groundhog a job one day a year, then just overshadow (pun) his prediction. :o And according to the news, Phil's predictions are accurate only 39% of the time anyway, making it something less than flipping a coin. I also read where Staten Island Chuck escaped from the Mayor's hands.... I guess because it was too cold for him outside... :?

This is kind of in the same vain as having an elephant, a dolphin or other animal, or even getting folks to "predict" the winner by buying something in package S (Seahawks) or package B (Broncos). That probably has even less of a change of being right than Punxsutawney Phil has in predicting the weather. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread