Common items
sailormatlac Wrote:.....Anybody got Roundhouse 3-n-1 kits on their layout? Particularly their funny brick wall sections.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about those when I made my earlier post.
This coal dealer's elevator, turned into a grain storage bin, uses a foundation made from the stone panels. There'll be an elevated dirt ramp into the dump shed when it finally gets installed on the layout:

[Image: Grainelevator-coaldealer005.jpg]

[Image: Grainelevator-coaldealer003.jpg]

The John Bertram plant in Dunnville uses brick wall panels from a 3-in-1 kit for their powerhouse, shipping and receiving area, and the building for their coal dump - that's the areas with the yellow handrails and the first flat-roofed structure attached to them. Most of the roofs are from a Vollmer roundhouse - I wanted to keep the Roundhouse parts with the parts from the roundhouse. Misngth

[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd218.jpg]

I used pretty-well all Roundhouse parts, including some of the unusual brick wall sections for the Northshore's oil house in Lowbanks. The platform is from a Walthers warehouse, I think:

[Image: Foe-toesfromTrainPhotos2007third-12.jpg]

I also have the Revell sandhouse and oil tank - they may end up on the layout's second level, if I ever get around to building it. Wink Misngth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread