Newbie - District 22 - Downtown L.A. (A table top railway)
Brakie Wrote:I'm not too fussed on the 'Kaydee shuffle' that you're probably all familiar with.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That shuffle is a pain for certain but,one I gladly put up with for hands free uncoupling and delayed uncoupling..

I never like the "Hand of God" uncoupling so,I used a small flat tip screw driver to uncouple the old X2F and KDs.

However...

I finally decided the magnet was far better after my hands started their shaky shake.. Icon_lol

You've got a point there, Larry..........better go and give the hands a 'shake' test before I proceed any further :o The thought of having to fit them retrospectively sends me cold Icon_lol

Rolling stock, especially uncoupling, really is a long way down the list of things to do, however, I was wondering whether a magnet attached to that skewer I intend to use for the purpose might work? Perhaps I'll even invest in those Sergeants couplers I've heard so much about from those far more experienced in the hobby. Who knows.......

Anyway, thanks for your interest, Larry, and please keep tuning in Thumbsup

Jonte

Messages In This Thread