How much can we justify spending?
Brakie Wrote:Another thought about justifiable spending is:

Should we add the cost of our computer to that list since we use our computers for forums, research and for the purchase of our models? :?

To be sure, in my case, I needed a computer so I could bring work home. That plus doing my bank accounts justified having a computer. It wasn't until years later that the Internet came along, then it was used also for research. Thanks to Packey building us a website, it also brought us new business. Since retiring, I have used it almost entirely for personal purposes, one of which is Big Blue and sometimes other forums. Another is keeping current on the news and weather, but I can justify a computer if only for the fact that without it, my checking account would be in shambles, and so anything else I use it for are just free bonuses.

But, the premise of the question is, "if you had unlimited funds" and so the cost of a computer could be included if you used it exclusively for your model railroading, otherwise you could justify it for other reasons and get a free ride for anything else.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread