Florida ISL - Ocala
Can I change this slightly, as I think a loco shed for an operation like this is unlikely- loco and shoving platform are parked overnight at one of the industry sidings for security to keep an eye on - in the morning they proceed to the i/c to collect cars dropped there overnight, sort them and proceed about their business - they complete and take outbounds deopping them back at the interchange - loco and shove platform parked back at overnight stop - there is a container there or at the fuelling point (see below)for storage of bagged sand, and any fuelling is done by the local fuel distributor who send one of his drivers down with a tanker truck - at the roadside by one of the road-crossings- it gives reason to change the usual operations - maintainance is done at the nearby yard on an "as required" or monthly schedule when a "loaner" loco is supplied (reason for an alternative loco to appear)- or it could be a weekend job
shortliner
-------------------------------------------
Cool! Another great operation idea.. Thumbsup

I'm always interested in hearing operation plans for switching layouts.. Big Grin
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread