Box Cars vs Other Traffic
CN now runs trains on what used to be Wisconsin Central tracks. ( also used by METRA ) I see a LOT of Centerbeam flats, with lumber loads, A LOT of coal hoppers, some trains that are all tank cars ( of just about every modern type ), and some trains that are predominantly Box Cars, and there are a significant number of Auto Racks.........So, Yes, the region / regions, served by the railroad does effect the types, and numbers of types of cars that would be normally seen on any given day.
Some of these are going to Canada, empty, and some are going to Canada loaded. There are some that move loaded in both directions.
I can usually tell by looking at the "degree of compression" of the truck springs, ( there is "evidence" that indicates truck bolster position } whether the car is loaded or empty. Wink Yeah, "details" 8-) 357 The more attention you pay to Prototype details, the better looking the models will be. Wink Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread