Florida Highland Railroad
Thanks guys
Always a warm welcome here.

Operation ...

I am led to believe that there are a total of ten employees working for Pinsly in Florida, three per railroad and one GM.
So the Florida Highland Railroad will also have just three, an engineer, a conductor and a another (sales???).
What this means for the operation is, I can't have one loco moving at one end of the layout and then another moving at the other end.
The crew are not going to walk far from loco to the next,(not in the Florida heat) so when they need to swap from one loco to the next, they will try and get as close as possible to the other unit.

The idea is to have two types of operation
Firstly, when I feel the need to go and switch a few cars around,

I guess it will go something like this.
The two locos will be tied down on the kickback spur next to the interchange.
I'll pick a couple or three random cars, lets say a couple of cement hopper and a empty gondola, that have been left at the interchange by the CSX local
As this move requires work at CMC Recycling two engines are required

The first move is to couple up the two locos, and then drop one of them off underneath the highway bridge (in the shade)
The trailing loco would then switch the interchange, pulling the empty gondola out first and pushing it to up the other loco.
The two cement hoppers are next to be pulled and are coupled up to the gondola.
We then depart and takes the branch line for CMC Recycling. With the first loco and gondola clear of the junction switch, the train is then split and the remaining loco and cars head towards the Cemex Cement Supplies , where the empty cars are swapped over for loaded ones.
We then make are way back to the junction, swap locos and switch CMC Recycling.
Once completed the train is made up again and we head back to the interchange.
Drop off the cars and tie the locos down

Of course I can substitute these industries for any of the other three.

The second type of operation will be with a full switch list using the SwitchList program for the Mac.
This will be for a full blown operating sessions when a few friends come round and we try and run a full week of train service.
Chris
England

Messages In This Thread