Most Bizarre Model Railroad Behavior
Sumpter250 Wrote:Last time I was out to Chandler Az., my son-in-law, and I drove out into the desert to do some "Target Practice".
We found, on site, plenty of "Targets".
Before we left, to go back to Chandler, we cleaned up all the brass we could find, picked up the remains of our "targets", and left the area cleaner than when we had arrived ( OK maybe we left a higher *lead content*, in the environment, but that was fairly well spread out, and would have taken a year to find all of it Wink Confusedhock: Icon_twisted )
It didn't take all that long to get it all done, and it all got properly disposed of. Yes, Wink it can be done. Smile

Pete, that's the biggest thorn in the sides of most target shooters. I'm not good at bending down anymore, but I have a device that I roll along the ground and it picks up the brass as it goes. We also pick up anything else we use as targets and as much more as our body and the truck will allow. Icon_lol Most places are littered with shotgun hulls, and just about anything that comes to mind for some of these fools that are there in the name of target shooting. Some must come at night to party since there is lots of shot-up beer bottles and a bonfire. There are areas that have been shut down because of these people, and I can even remember seeing holes in "no shooting" signs. Curse My son and I were almost hit once by two guys shooting too close to the road with no backstop and in a "no shooting" area and they'll wonder why the next time they show up, the place is fenced off. Concerned shooters even hold organized cleanups. I expect one day to go there and find someone had used model trains as their targets... Probably the same yahoos that made those videos we've all looked at. Wallbang Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread