Speaking of Early Conrail
Thank you. That is the information I was looking for.
The ex NYC looked easier to use due to the known black paint but most of them kept yellow handrails (don't like it:-) and I found most photos of ex NYC service for CR in Chicago switching passenger cars in railway stations. That does not fit so well my freelance layout.
The ex PC are more often on photos serving industry. That is a better match. There was only the problem of a potentially wrong paint in none black. You answer helped a lot to pick a nice all black CR SW1 in the 8500 range.
The photos of the CR time show SW1 engines very close to end of life. But I thought that might be a nice match to serve my little freelance brick warehouses also close to end of their active life.

8557 and 8598 look good to me. They have also a standard stack like the Walthers model.
[Image: IMG_3390_zps2e1c62cd.jpg]

ps. I downloaded a bunch of matching SW1 photos to my iMac and use them as a background wallpaper stepping through the collection every 15 seconds. That is my preferred method to get very fast a good impression of a specific group of engines,
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread