Pere Marquette, Flint, Michigan
Hello Matt, having been born and raised in Flint, and graduated from Flint Central High in 1961, I had to check your work, do you have any pictures of your layout? I'm now living in Mattawan, Mich, just West of Kalamazoo, my job brought me here, but am retired now. will keep checking your site.

Duane H

iis612 Wrote:I did manage to get some stuff done today...
I renewed my drivers license, and my cars tags. I met with my attorney. I went grocery shopping. I went to physical therapy. I went to the post office. Icon_lol

I did do all of those things, but I also managed to finish the mortar lines on the roundhouse walls, and get a couple of the walls assembled. I also took some time and tore down the Mikado to the frame and valve gear. I have found where it is binding. I will have to take the gear off and do some filing on the piston guides. It would seem that when I attached the bulkhead(?) at the end of the guides, they bent in towards the center. I will do some filing on the bulkhead and the guides and add some lubricant. Then, after putting it back together, I will try the glass test. We will see what happens.

Matt

Messages In This Thread