The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon. It appears the work I did this morning isolating and insulating the fuel lines on the van was for naught. I went to town earlier to get gas. $27 @$3.529 comes to 7.650 gallons. That gives me about 3/4's of a tank. On a 24 gallon tank that's about eighteen gallons. I have to stretch that for the month. I still have some money but I don't want to use it unless I have to. I came home and went inside to do some work that took about an hour. Went out to see if I could start the van. No dice. It just cranks and cranks but won't start. I sprayed some starting fluid into the pcv hose so it would drain right into the base of the carb. It cranked over faster but still no boom. Got the charger on it now so I'll try again in a while.

This morning the disk drive I bought last Tuesday arrived. The entry on eBay said 'Tested and working'. I tested it and while the electronics were fantastic the mechanism was damaged and would take a disk only thirty percent of the time. I tried with several disks and got the same result. Fortunately I had another drive of this model in the closet that had fried electronics but a fantastic mechanism. It wasn't too hard to tear both down and combine the good parts into a 100% operational drive which I have in service now and have connected a Disk II drive to the daisy-chain port on the back of it. I sent the seller a message describing what I had to do. I think it may have been damaged in shipping and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam

Messages In This Thread