woolacombe layout at 7/8 th scale
jonte Wrote:Hi frankcombe

An outstanding model Thumbsup

Great detail, however, I particularly admire the weathering you've applied especially the rusting. I'm guessing the hairspray technique using acrylics?

Unfortunately I can't use this process as I work in enamels so Have to make to do with Maskol which is far more laborious, although I believe Humbrol has a product awaiting imminent release which facilitates this technique using enamels.

The salt technique apparently works for some irrespective of the chosen medium, just not for me.

Still interested to know and thanks for sharing.

jonte

Thank you for the comment.

For the technique, I use Humbrol enamel with airbrush. Then when it still wet, I cover with rust pigment and with powder of dry pastel to reach the discolouration I want. Don't hesitate to overdo because When you spray vanish on it after, it's destroying most of the effect of the pigment. Then I spray a coat of mat vanish. After with a small foam dip in a dark brown acrylic, I do the small spots of rust. It's quite long but efficient for me. I hope this help you.

Don't hesitate to visit the various forum focused on afv modeling, they are far more in advance than us in train.

Messages In This Thread