End Of a Era.
Mark, I did a thing a while back on how MRR has changed over the years. I found one dating back to the 80's and compared it to one from the early 2000's to a recent one. The number of advertising pages had dropped appreciable over the years, as did the editorial content. However, the price of a subscription and the cover price had soared over that same period.

I agree with you, most of us old timers will. I remember "The Saturday Evening Post" and "Life", both stopped publication for a long time but are now resurrected, well, almost. They're not the same and I guess times change and as you note, things are going electronic now. MRR is bugging me to subscribe to the online content, and two of my computer magazines stopped their paper edition so I had to ask for my money back since I don't own a Kindle or even a smart phone and I thought it just about impossible to bring my computer in where I normally read my magazines. Just like cursive writing, paper prints will be a thing of the past. Can you see 20 years from now a teacher in grammar school saying, "OK kids, take out your electronic readers, go to 'www.blahblahblah.com', scroll to yadayadayada and select page 92"? Even worse, going to a museum where they have a magazine rack display behind glass as an oddity of the past.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread