Cane River and Winnfield Rock.
I am hoping the below will help better explain the idea of the downward gradient into the lower level:

Firstly, here is the top level track plan with the red line added in to represent where the switch with the gradient line will be located:

[Image: NampCRRcolour_zps22cbbb70.jpg]

Next is a cross section of the proposed layout including the lower level, so it will show an idea of how the gradient will work: The clearance between the top deck and the lower deck at the end of the duck under only needs to be enough to allow for a loaded double stack well car to fit through. Black on the image represents track, the rest is pretty self explanatory I hope:

[Image: crosssection_zpsf3af9f4a.png]

Finally, here is a photograph of the boards for the top level (minus a layer of pink foam which they will have when the scenery begins) with a red line drawn on to show where the descending line will be. More than likely there will be a backscene along the board here which the descending gradient will be hidden behind on a small shelf.

[Image: 20140728_190657_6_bestshot_zpsced6a3c9.jpg]

The lower level scenic section will be a slowly descending grade pretty much all the way around on the main line, and with a steeper grade on the Mansfield power plant branch line, as it will only ever see about 8-10 car coalporter trains taken down it as that's about all I have room for in the storage yard. Smile

Messages In This Thread