Tank car era question
Tyson Rayles Wrote:According to the description the car was built from 1968 until 2009 so it fits your time period perfectly. Being they are among your newest tankers back then it stands to reason they would have seen regular to heavy duty service Ralph. Enjoy your new tanker fleet! Thumbsup

That was my first impression too but the more I look at it the more I think they are saying the original photo was taken in 1968-09 as in the year 1968, 9th month. This is noted as "Date orignal"...which I assume means when the photo was actually taken.

There is also a "Date digital" noted as 2013-08...which I think means August 2013 when some one scanned the original print.

But, the good news is I think we have photographic evidence of a 8052 gallon Gulf tanker in the scheme similar to my cars that appears to be in service. The haircuts and clothing of the kids in the pic suggests a 60's era to me as well.

So, now I guess it would be nice to know if this Gulf scheme was painted on 10,000 gallon tankers...but I'm feeling pretty good about putting my new cars to work in Kings Port. Smile

Messages In This Thread