My first Scratch Build.
Quote:I don't have a barrel, but I do have some wood dowels. I was thinking I could shape that to look like a small wood stove. Ideas abound when you start getting this creative.

That's the spirit! Craftsmanship and ingenuity live on! Thumbsup

Quote:Not sure if this will work on box board but when building with wood a quick pass over the surface with a bbq lighter will burn off any little fuzzies left from sanding or cutting leaving nice smooth edges...... just dont set your first scratchbuild on fire if you decide to try this

Yeah, you'd hear 'click click click...hisssss...WHOOOFF!' with my luck. 35 I'd be left holding the smoldering remains of a few weeks effort.

Quote:Galen's own fantastic scratch build prompted me to get off my arse and try something...anything. So I give him full credit for giving me the where-with-all to attempt this.

Don't mention it. I too am really glad to see cardstock modeling on the Gauge again...I hope Robyn is up there smiling down on us! Personally I'm just glad to be modeling more frequently than in the past couple years.

Hey tetters, if not a cereal box challenge, perhaps a tissue box challenge? I emptied one of those the other day and nearly threw it away! :o It'd be fun to build, say, a hanky factory from a tissue box, or a granola mill/factory from a cereal box, etc. especially if the original box art were visible on the inside to be able to show folks!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread