My layout plans have grown bigger...
Brakie Wrote:
Quote:I am not interested in careful prototype operations. Prototype operations of sending the same cars to the same industries every operation session is boring to me -- I'll lose interest in it quickly. Add in a time schedule and it feels way too much like work.
---------------------------------
But,that's the glamor of real railroading ~repeating local work with the same type of cars.

For my money watching trains running in mindless loops is boring..In fact during open houses at the club I'm bored to tears after the first few minutes of loop running. :o

That's not surprising though since I like terminal switching and running a local above everything else. Thumbsup

Difference is Brakie, you got paid for it, it was your actual Job Goldth A Paycheck covers a lot of issues. And I'm sure there were little things just about every day that didn't go according to plan.

I guess I want my pretend railroads to be more of a switching game, while provisioning for continuous running, because watching trains in loops is relaxing. Can alwys use more dopamine hits Icon_lol
When I hear the iron horse make the hills echo with his snort like thunder, shaking the earth with his feet, and breathing fire and smoke from his nostrils, it seems as if the earth had got a race now worthy to inhabit it.

-- Henry David Thoreau

Messages In This Thread