My layout plans have grown bigger...
lajry Wrote:This version looks a whole lot better! But there's still minor problems. As currently configured, to use the the switchback you'll ALWAYS have to move cars at Acme & Krestle to work it. Better yet have the connection to the main on left end of that spur vs right end. That way the spur can be worked w/ no switchback moves. Also you won't need a siding in it because you can use the one on the main there. Also does the siding on right bottom have to be so long? Have right end switch between the curves on bottom. If you need the length for passing long trains OK. If you have both switches for that siding it would be a lapped siding. Use left end of it to switch the industries there & both parts for passing long trains.

I'm already thinking along those lines... will post an update tonight

the long curved sidings along the right-bottom could be turned into two shorter spurs , but I kind of line the branchline feel of it doing it won't save any turnouts, so why not?
When I hear the iron horse make the hills echo with his snort like thunder, shaking the earth with his feet, and breathing fire and smoke from his nostrils, it seems as if the earth had got a race now worthy to inhabit it.

-- Henry David Thoreau

Messages In This Thread