My first Scratch Build.
ocalicreek Wrote:It's all a question of balancing money vs. time vs. interest or willingness to take a long short-cut, if you know what I mean. Wink

On my section house I used a combination of card for the walls and scale lumber for the battens. I had an old N-scale Campbell trestle that never got built and those tiny timbers are great for window frames! (I know, some N-scalers and maybe a few HO'ers are cringing at that thought, but at least it's getting used!)

Looking good, keep us posted!

Galen

Ha! Don't get me wrong, I don't feel the least bit guilty about my long short cut though. Icon_lol

A good tip I got from a couple of guys at the LHS was to use microscope 1 mm thick slides for windows. Real glass, score it with a knife and snap it. I'm going to give it a try when I'm ready to put some in. I found a local science superstore that sells a pack of 72 slides for $10 bucks. Should be able to do a ton of windows with that amount. I figured, I have a small smooth jawed set of pliers I have at home. I may put some shrink warp on the jaws to protect the glass from scratching and see how it works.

For 10 bucks, I think its worth a shot. The guy who suggested it said you can get really small panes of glass and when they are installed they look beautiful. Gotta try it!

Messages In This Thread