I think I created a monster-suggestions please
[Image: HobbsEnd3_zps3016cdf2.jpg]
As strange as it seems,the more I look at the track plan for my layout,the more I think I may have created a switching nightmare. Wallbang
As you will notice the plan contains a runaround track,trailing and facing points turnouts, and some switchbacks. Now it seems to me that it just takes too many moves
to get cars spotted or to pull empties. This especially true with the right side of the plan which has facing points. In my opinion it takes too many moves to either pull or spot
cars at freight area,oil dealer and coal dealer. I think the left side is OK because it has trailing points.This is probably one reason why I have not really run any trains,the plan bothers me and
I'm not sure how to fix it (if it can be fixed).
I would really appreciate some ideas/suggestions on what I might be able to do to simplify things.
There are a few considerations-
1.I spent a lot of time and effort on the car float and tug so I would like to keep that area in place.
2. If possible, save the short track above coal dealer to hold a loaded hopper until it is time to spot it.
3. If it turns out that changes could be made they would need to be made using what I can salvage from the layout,track,switches,etc. and to be honest I am basically in a situation
where I don't have the funds to buy anything that might be need for any changes. Nope
I know that I am probably asking a lot from the forum members but seeing some of the other great looking layouts here I'm sure some ideas/suggestions can be had.
Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions. Misngth
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS

Messages In This Thread