I think I created a monster-suggestions please
Well you still need a yard at least more storage tracks. to keep the flow and to get the freight to the ferry within resonable time. The ports were and still are busy and those ships while in motion are allmost instopable. The best site i know of terminal layouts (which I have eyballed a lot) is this. http://members.trainweb.com/bedt/ and it offer loads, loads and loads of ideas of terminal layouts in all eras. Bernie Kempanski had a nice feature on a C&O terminal in Model Railroads planning few years ago. Though he devoted a 4 x 8 in N-scale, you will incorporate some ideas from it too.

[Image: lvbxttrackmap1929.jpg]

This one is my favorite, which is LV.s operation at Brooklyn which was in service in to the 60.s and though more spacious it had loads of trackage and storage tracks nd a few industry. As a matter of fact, the team track area was the biggest, followed by a tall LV warehouse in the South end. Here is the view of the entire thing. This one does eat a lot of space but I have been close to build it several times, though adapting it to Commercial kit except for the circular freight house.

[Image: lvbxtaerial1957.jpg]

Funny thing just accross the bridge there was another, yet smaller terminal of another roads terminal. The site is offering, loads of information and inspiration. Your track plan looks great but you do need more storage tracks or less industries.I guess the major industry would be the railroads own freight depot/warehouse.

Messages In This Thread