Lighthouse Railroad Photos
Hello Mike, thank you for the nice compliment it's very much appreciated.

Hello Faraway, the complete layout will have to have be moved about 15 ft from it's actual site and the new emplacement configuration is different (11x16).
I also noticed that the track layout I presently have only has 1 mainline, I would like to have 2 mainlines; the "point to point" configuration does not suit my likings.
Some parts of the benchwork will be salvageable and all of my track joiners and turnouts (#4 Atlas) are not welded and I don't have any switch motors.
The top frame is made out of 2x4 and 5/8" plywood; my biggest mistake are the 2x2 legs, they will all be replaced by L shaped 1x3.
You are correct by saying that the layout is in sections but I don't like the track configuration I presently have so that means back to square 1.
These are the reasons I did not want to spend any money on landscaping, foam, ground cover, plaster etc. I've seen layout demos on YouTube and it's looks kind of messy job with all the bits of foam and plaster.

A new challenge will be fun but stressful at the same time because I have a vision for detail not the complete layout; that's when my wife comes into the picture; she can visualize the whole layout before it's even started, I just have to tell her what I have in mind and she can draw a sketch of the layout.

To be continued......
Serge

Messages In This Thread