03-29-2015, 07:12 AM
Good morning folks, I hate to keep talking about our early hot weather while a good portion of the country is still fighting the cold, but we did tie a record for yesterday and facts are facts. The next few days should be the same, high 90's before we get back to the high 80's. I just hope we don't start hitting those triple digits yet.
I've unpacked almost everything that I had packed thinking that we were going to move. Two not so good things. First, just about all of the structures I had saved have been damaged. That includes quite a few scratch-built ones. That's kind of disheartening, but even worse, I can't find the box that has all my different ground cover, ballast, gravel and different color lichen. Most were in plastic "shaker" cans and a few in larger plastic jars. The structures we damaged in storage since we probably stacked a few heavy boxes on top of the box they were in, but I haven't a clue where they missing box with all the other scenery stuff in it went. I can repair the broken structures and replace the missing stuff, but it does kind of add to the frustration of getting rid of my entire layout and having to start over again. :cry:
I've unpacked almost everything that I had packed thinking that we were going to move. Two not so good things. First, just about all of the structures I had saved have been damaged. That includes quite a few scratch-built ones. That's kind of disheartening, but even worse, I can't find the box that has all my different ground cover, ballast, gravel and different color lichen. Most were in plastic "shaker" cans and a few in larger plastic jars. The structures we damaged in storage since we probably stacked a few heavy boxes on top of the box they were in, but I haven't a clue where they missing box with all the other scenery stuff in it went. I can repair the broken structures and replace the missing stuff, but it does kind of add to the frustration of getting rid of my entire layout and having to start over again. :cry:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

