04-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Good morning folks. Yup, today is tax day and I hope you all are better prepared for filing your taxes than I am. Not that I'm worried or anything, but I've done nothing. But then again, I've done nothing for the past bunch of years. The last time I figure out my taxes and filled in all of the forms, I went to the IRS site before I mailed them in and they have a page there that you can figure out if you need to file, and I didn't.
I guess you need more than just SSI as income to have to file income taxes.
There is an obvious downside to this, SSI doesn't pay us enough to qualify to pay taxes on it, but it pays us too much to qualify for all the freebies that they give out, not that I've tried or would want any
. Oh well, I should be happy that I don't have to deal with the IRS one way or the other.
I guess you need more than just SSI as income to have to file income taxes.
There is an obvious downside to this, SSI doesn't pay us enough to qualify to pay taxes on it, but it pays us too much to qualify for all the freebies that they give out, not that I've tried or would want any
. Oh well, I should be happy that I don't have to deal with the IRS one way or the other.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

