Business Train
I'm not sure about the Eastern Roads or Canadian Railroads, but BNSF & U.P still have business trains. Any time the Super Bowl is played in San Diego, both business trains come into town for the Super Bowl. They may also do the same thing for every Super Bowl where ever it is played, but I'm only familiar with So Cal. I think the 2 railroads throw a Super Bowl party and transport their best customers by invitation only to the Super Bowl. The two companies may even spring for tickets for their customers. The U.P. business train also is used for excursions behind the Challenger or the Northern when they do a steam excursion. Sometimes when 3751 goes out on an excursion, it pulls the BNSF business train, often it is a train made up of "private varnish." I think both railroads also run annual or bi-annual "employee specials" where the business train runs over the mainline and stops at all division points, giving rides and showing appreciation to the employees for the work done in the previous year.

Messages In This Thread