Weekly photo fun May 1st - 7th, 2015
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:That is definitely going to be my first stop in Canada if I get the chance. I've been wanting to see that Lancaster for a LONG time. ........ Does it fly? ........

Oh, yeah, the Lanc flies and usually out my way, too. It also flew to England last fall to participate in a bunch of airshows, flying with the only other airworthy one in existence. The Mitchell flies, too.

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I'm probably one of the few nuts who goes running the moment I hear an old plane of some kind........

There are a few of us around. Wink Goldth There used to be some really good airshows at Mount Hope Airport, just outside Hamilton, Ont. Lots of ex-WWII planes, and a great many of them came up from the U.S., especially those from the Confederate Air Force. Scads of Mustangs, of course, but lots of other warbirds....B-17s, -24s, -25s, and perhaps -29s, I think, and lots of other fighters, including some jets. I always liked, in particular, seeing the P-38 Lightnings. If I recall correctly, the USAF occasionally presented current-day military aircraft, too. I also remember seeing a Globemaster there one time. The nice part of the static portion of the show was that you could walk right up to most of the planes and speak to the owners, even sit in some of the aircraft. My dad was a big fan of airplanes and a very accomplished modeller of them, too.

By the way, your catenary is really starting to look good. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Messages In This Thread