Madras Switching Layout HO Scale
Postman: I use DAP adhesive caulk CLEAR to glue both the cork to the subroadbed and the ties to the cork. I place a bead of the caulking down the middle and use a scrap piece of cork to spread it out. I then lay out the strips using a piece of rail to slide back and forth across the tie plates to make sure everything will line up. I think the drying time is about an hour, but I only ever work in 3 to 4 foot sections. To glue the rail to ties I use a 50/50 mix of MEK and Barge Cement. USE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA. The BArge cement by itself is to tacky to control, the MEK thins it out and I am able to brush it on. I used an empty bottle with a brush to apply my mixture to the ties. I let it set for a few seconds then press the rails in place. I also use a couple of ME rail gauges to slide back and forth of the top of the rail applying pressure making everything is seated properly. As an added measure I plan to place a few of the ME micro spikes along the track just as an added measure. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread