The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. Ordered two Athearn RTR CSX GP40-2 via DHL express on Monday morning from Trainworld expecting delivery on Wednesday at my doorstep.
All went well until the parcel arrived late Tuesday night at Leipzig customs. They asked for proof of purchase price. No problem. I was aware of that question and sent at about midnight the sales confirmation and my credit card statement. That happened more than once in the past because they are mentally caught by Maerklin prices and can not believe Athearn RTR discount price. My expectation was to get the parcel passed that very night to be trucked to Stuttgart for delivery on Wednesday.
Nothing happened.... I called Wednesday in the early morning and learned customs has selected the parcel for in-depth inspection. That status is still unchanged. Selected, put on a pile but not processed. No body knows when customs in Leipzig might or might not work on it.
I get bad memories of the east German border procedures prior to 1989.... Sad
Reinhard


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)