Commuting in 1:100
Bigsteel Wrote:i always wanted to see more cincinnati shortline inspired model railroads,they're really interesting with all our grades and interesting industries,not to mention our very unique architecture.but trying to manage that in a completely scratchbuilt scale Confusedhock: ,a bit to daunting for me Misngth .although,they do make quite a bit of 1/96 scale models...hmm...no,stop josh,no other layouts (starts arguing with self) Misngth .but i guess any scale has to start somewhere.--josh

We are really blessed...not only is our city quite beautiful, but so many cool railroads! I've learned how nice we have it from traveling all over the US and throughout Europe.

I think the key to making this work is that it was basically a rural line...on the edge of the Spring Grove Cemetery and through Laboiteaux Woods...so that few scratch built buildings would be needed...and the changes to the locomotive would be purely cosmetic. Ironically, our Bible Study tonight got moved from a home to College Hill Presbyterian Church...so we sort of went to the old station grounds Cheers

The draw to a smaller scale would be for keeping the space requirements small for a layout. I don't want to run a Cincinnati locomotive through Colorado...I want to run it through part Cincinnati! Goldth I really love some of the lines downtown...especially the ones that no longer exist (the old stations)...but those would definitely be a nightmare in a custom scale! Z, N, or HO would be the way to go. I love the S-scale layout at the Museum center.

According to Hilton, the road at an 0-4-0 steam dummy and a pair of Porter 0-6-0ts. I plan on building a Porter 0-6-0 in On3...but for the Colorado Central. The rolling stock consisted of a coach, a combine, and 3 freight cars. Grades were 4.5%...a trestle 600' long and 60' tall...3mi of original mainline plus a 3.5mi extension to Mt. Healthy. I wish I had my dad's copy of White's "Some Historic Cincinnati Railroads"...it has pictures of the road.

The Cincinnati, Lebanon, & Northern could be cool...especially from when it was dual gauge from the City to Blue Ash.

Michael
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread