Time for a Challenge??
I'm going to have to pass on this challenge. I just finished laying down the lines for a "Tern" ( Three Mast Schooner ) that is 88 feet long at the waterline, Length over all , (tip of bowsprit to end of main boom) 135 feet.
This will be a scratch built, plank - on - frame waterline model ( in HO scale. It will definitely be mid to end of December before this one is done ( if that soon, could be longer ). The next step in this process ? lofting the frames. This process creates the shape of each of the frames, once that is done and the frames are erected, the next phase, is planking the hull.
Then.......masting and rigging.
This will give me three ships, the tour ship, the Brigantine W.W. Marsland, and this "Tern", that can show up at the sea wall, at the Cindys Harbor Seaport Village and Museum. This picture, shows the "Marsland" at the sea wall. this is the space the tour ship, or the finished "Tern" will alternately occupy.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread