Weekly Photo Fun 9/18 - 9/24/15
The Annual "Fall Harvest Days" at the Racine County Fairgrounds, in Union Grove, Wi. included the annual model train show.
I had my modules there, as part of the Lake County Society of Modular Engineers, display.
The three mast Schooner, ( lower left of center ) is my latest project. I considered it for the "challenge", but it is too big for a Pizza box, and will still be under construction well after the challenge ends.
She's 1:87 scale, 88' at the waterline, 95' on deck, and 132' Length Over All, with a beam of 30'-6". The hull is built "Plank On Frame"....meaning her hull, and deck are built up with individual planks, mostly, scale 1" X 8".

In this view, from the opposite direction, you can see her masts just to the right of center.

and one last shot, this of her Starboard side, as she is right now.

Yeah, Icon_twisted I felt like I needed a little "tedium" Wink Wink in my life, right about now. :mrgreen:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread