Resin Casting
So, thanks to your guys' encouragement I ordered an 8oz starter RTV mold kit off eBay, I figured this was enough to get started and if not I'll just order more. But, I will keep in mind all of your tips (thanks very much! Big Grin ) and update y'all as I go!

I didn't know that I could mold by simply pouring the resin on top and then smashing it down, I tried doing this before and had a problem with bubbles. Though I had equally bad luck with having two sprues for circulation, so I'll try the "smash" method first by simply squishing the top of the gondola down into the bottom.

Also, I do have a few articles on resin casting clipped from various magazines that I have been studying over the last day or so, but I feel like a DVD may be even more useful as well and will probably get one soon. I'm a "learn as you go" person though so I may try first anyway and then, when I fail, go learn the right way to do it lol.

Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement, and I will certainly post updates as I go!

Messages In This Thread