Facebook Groups
I have to tell this FB story, it's a good one. I was searching for old friends by name on google a couple years ago and came across an obituary of a lady that was a friends girl friends mother (this was a teen romance from 59).
She was a Canadian and we all met as teens when fishing in Ontario. The OB listed her married name and noted she was widowed. I asked to friend her on FB and the message was ignored for over a year. May (2013) My friends wife died suddenly. He was devastated. I was talking with him on the phone the following September and mentioned I had found this girl on FB, and he was so against contacting her because he was concerned about his wife's memory.
I told him he really should try to friend her on FB and that I had tried a year earlier and been ignored. After lots of persuasion he did send a request, and in less than an hour she replied. She also replied to my request too. It turned out it was her daughter that put her on FB and showed her how to use it but she wasn't using it because she was uncomfortable. It just happened that the night my friend posted her daughter was there and told her to check her page. She said the minute she saw our names it changed her life. She has been battling Cancer for 10 years. Now for 2 years we have been corresponding and she and my friend have been fishing in Ontario a couple of times last summer and this summer. She came to the states with him in September and they stopped and visited with my wife and I on their way to Virginia, and she is flying to Virginia to visit with him and his daughter over Thanksgiving.
So, there are good things to be told about Facebook as well as bad.
Regards
Charlie

Messages In This Thread