An OMI brass caboose - also a good model?
After finishing the underbody details there was not to do many changes on the model.

[Image: nw_caboosecg-20k.jpg]

Again a picture of the model in its original condition. Do you see the frames of windows with a very small depth in the side walls? Here I would like to have a better view.

[Image: nw_caboosecg-21k.jpg]

First I removed out all window frames of side walls and added 0.5 mm (0.02 in) filler frames for a bit more thickness of walls.

[Image: nw_caboosecg-23k.jpg]

This is the model with new frames for the windows and I think that the thicker side walls are well visible. The dome windows in running direction are unchanged because they were mounted on outside of dome and so the impression is very close to prototypes.

[Image: nw_caboosecg-27k.jpg]

Now the last two additions. The train-end lanterns are mounted on roof end (drilled and prepared for lighting) and I replaced the original Carmer coupler lifting levers against more prototypical ones. The original levers were very untypical looking and simple bent brass strips only.
Now I think that all is done - out of mounting the right Bettendorf trucks with leaf springs, however I wail now since near to two months for delivery from my "personal" dealer. After the model will go to my painter. Maybe that I can show the painted and lettered model already with next post.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread