Anyone used Woodland Scenics Field Grass ?
I would think " in height ".
a pair of scissors, maybe 3" to 4.5" total length, and kept SHARP. Make the cuts "almost parallel" to the grass stalks, and "attack" more than make a planned cut. the more random the cuts, the more natural the look, and the less chance of a repetitive pattern, in the length of each stalk.
An alternative method, would be to make up a batch of grass bundles, apply the glue to one end, and let it dry before proceeding. This way you could hold the bundle by the glued end, while making the cuts. In both cases I would use several rapid cuts, and let things fall as they may. If you try to "plan" each cut, they will lose that "randomness" and appear too fake.
Using this method, you can learn better how to hold the bundle, and how to "snip away at it", to make it more natural.
I did some displays for a kit manufacturer, and used the "field grass" as described above.......I just now realized that I haven't used any of the field grass on my modules. Lots of ground foam, and poly fiber, and some commercially available "plants/shrubs", but no field grass. Hmmmmmmm "The time has come, the walrus said to speak of"
-------------------- :oops: Wink for ME,to get SNIPPIN' Wink :mrgreen: Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread