Improvements an Athearn Genesis GP9s
Reinhard,
i have thought for conductivity grease too. In another case, Brawa V100 DR, i have had applied it, but was not really satisfied with the result.

[Image: dsc05898o2p9r.jpg]

[Image: dsc0589684pn0.jpg]
Under the hood just the same, both were made by Sandakan, both were purchased a couple of years ago.
The P2K SW8 runs still today flawless without any aditional wipers or conductive grease and without any stalling.
The V100 was a severe case. When purchased new it was running flawless. Several months later this changed to a malfuction. You have to "break in" this loco about half an hour at full analog throttle and often with the aid of the five-finger-helper before it was running without stalling. And after 2 hours of stillstand you have to repeat it again. Curse This loco got the nickname "Mao's Revenge". Application of conductive grease, it was graphite based one, did'nt mitigate the problem. May be the copper based conductive grease is better.
At least i made wipers an all the problems with irregular current pick up simply vanished.

That are two extreme cases with this kind of current pick up. My 2 cent of experiences with this.

Cheers Lutz

Messages In This Thread