Poll: How do you feel about all the high tech stuff available today?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1- Love it.
28.95%
11 28.95%
2- I go into my train room to get away from today's world.
31.58%
12 31.58%
3- Don't really care one way or the other.
39.47%
15 39.47%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tech, good, bad, indifferent?
Charlie B Wrote:I think Tech is great to a point. I think they carry things too far by changing things just to make them different. Isn't tech supposed to make things easy? I realize programmers need work, but why not work towards simplifying things instead of changing things. Windows is a classic case. XP was a very stable system and very well liked but instead af adding features to it as an option they had to completely change it when later systems came out. I can understand the need to keep with the new people, but leave things there that we have become comfortable with. They play silly games and no one write the instruction manual.
Charlie
You can't charge as much to someone that just wants to add a few features (update), than to completely redo the whole system and sell them the new system (upgrade) with more features than they wanted, or can understand. It's true in just about every industry, fashion, automobiles, home decor, you name it. "That's so 90's" is used in order to get us to buy today's style, or the latest technology. Change for the sake of change traps us all, especially when they refuse to support the old versions in order to get us to spend more.

Relating to model railroading, I like to build, I'd run trains using a pull string if that be the old way. It's not, but fortunately for us, we don't have to buy into the latest technology to enjoy the hobby.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread