Frankenstein lease engine
I came across a picture of this gp40 a few years ago and thought it would make an interesting model. It's the definition of rent-a-wreck with 3 different variations of rr schemes and donor parts. It's the only picture I've seen of it and I'm not totally sure who owns it. I've searched on rr picture archive for WC 3008, WC 3015, BN 3008 and VMV 3008 and nothing came up. It's confusing because the number board has 3008 but the rear hood dons a WC 3015 and the VMV across the old BN logo doesn't really stand out. I think if I try to replicate it the number boards and hood will have the same number for the sake of simplifying it, that or some sort of fantasy lease company. If I go that route I figure a large majority of lease company reporting marks end with an X and I'm a fan of punk music I thought for $h!t$ and giggles the reporting marks could be NOFX and go with a similar decrepit scheme. Either way the model will be a gp38-2 just because I have a seaboard system 38-2 I can use. If anyone has info on this engine I'd definitely like to hear about it and get some feedback and ideas.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsgpqlthgc.jpg]

Messages In This Thread