Weekly Photo Fun 7/8 - 7/14/16
sailormatlac Wrote:@Wayne: What is the font you used for the cab numbers? It looks very good.

Matt, the 3002's cab numbers were done using Microscale's set 90051 - BLOCK GOTHIC LETTERS AND NUMBERS - WHITE.
The sheet has letters and numerals in 5 different sizes - in HO, they're 4", 6", 8", 12", and 16", and the same sheet is also available in several other colours.

Nice to see the participation here, with some good-looking modelling.
Here's a couple photos of some old Model Die Casting covered hoppers, which I'm upgrading using parts from Bowser. Originally meant to represent PS-2s, I'm using hatches and outlet gates from Bowser's ACF cars. The result is a car designed by GERN Industries, in co-operation with the EG&E, and built by National Steel Car. Wink An early '30s design, features of the cars were later licensed to both Pullman-Standard and American Car & Foundry, and both of the original builders received royalties from them for many years....that's my story, anyway. Crazy Misngth
The grabirons are a combination of Tichy and custom-bent ones, with sill steps from A-Line:

[Image: FREIGHT%20CARS...%20024.jpg]

[Image: FREIGHT%20CARS...%20014.jpg]

[Image: FREIGHT%20CARS...%20021.jpg]

Wayne

Messages In This Thread