FORD Auto Module
Bit more progress today.

I started on the Chain-link Fences and the main gates to enter and exit the plant. I also built the 2 Auto Loading Ramps that i had. Here are a few pics:

[Image: SL372873.jpg]

[Image: SL372874.jpg]

[Image: SL372875.jpg]

[Image: SL372876.jpg]

[Image: SL372877.jpg]

Im using the Walthers Chain-Link Fences from the kits they came with. I got a ton from the Loading Ramps Kit and more from a Guard Shack. I begin by drilling wholes into the upper and lower "sleeves" on the posts. I got the idea from an article in last months MR. It makes the fence stronger, but it is tedious and gets rather boring drilling TONS of holes lol. I did about 40 posts i think so far. I figure ill use these first and then if i need more ill do some more.

Im using the wire thats provided in the kits, the closet bit i had that would fit the wire was a #69 drill bit, so thats what im using, its a bit larger then the wire, but it still works great. I then put the posts in place in the foam, and thread the wire through the holes i drilled. Next i put a small drop of white glue on either side of the post where the wire goes through it. This is where im at right now. The wires you see sticking out on either end of each section of chain-link fence will be clipped off after the sections dry. When this is done, it will be easier to see what im modeling with the fences and gates lol. Right now it looks a little confusing lol Next ill be cutting the "mesh" into strips and painting it, then attaching it to the rods and posts. Then ill take the whole thing and spray it "aluminum"

The gates i got from the Guard Shack Kit. They are brass sliding gates, and have motor housings for each gate. They still need to be painted, and im modeling them in the "open" position.

Where the loading racks are right now, there will be 3 tracks to load auto-racks. Behind the Stamping Plant will be another 3-4 tracks to load auto-racks..... Still need to get another kit to do that though lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread