My home layout - from planning to completion
I'll give you me 2 pesos worth ....let me know if I'm missing something .

1. Looks like the red track will or could be a continuous run track ....maybe for interest to your youngster .

2. The blue track is where most of the day to day work is performed in the cement operation . Empty cars are stored to the right of the quarry , picked up and taken to the quarry where they are filled .....so there are 2 types of rolling stock at the quarry : empties and fulls .

3. The full quarry cars are picked up and taken to the cement plant where the raw product is processed into cement . They won't keep cement there so it has to be pulled away to a fictitious location . So you will have full ore cars , emptied ore cars , full cement cars and empty cement cars in that area to move around . The green track could be used for both of the various ore cars and cement cars but it might be tricky .

If it was me , I'd TACK ( not permanently fasten ) all the track work down , no scenery , and run trains to see what snags will occur . I think you have possibilities in your plan but it needs to run smoothly due to space limitations . You may need more crossovers in various areas , especially yrads .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.

Messages In This Thread