Reefer Madness!
The ladders alone are well-worth the $9.00, and I would suggest you take them up on it.

I recently purchased a couple of things on-line, needed for my Challenge projects. One was a decal set from Westerfield, which was, if I recall correctly, about $7.00 U.S. By the time it got to me, the total cost was $22.89 CDN.
Similarly, I order five 3' pieces of small brass shapes (angles, channels, etc.) from Special Shapes. Their minimum order was $25.00, so a couple of those items were added only to make-up the order. For such specialty stuff, like the decals, the $35.00 U.S. cost of the material was reasonable. Total cost, though, with shipping included, was $87.31 CDN. Imagine my surprise Eek when it arrived at my door and the delivery guy said, "That'll be $37.10, pal!" Neither of these orders was same-day shipping: the decals were sent USPS regular mail, and the brass shapes took two weeks to get here. Those five pieces of brass and three #79 drill bits cost $124.41 CDN.! I'm starting to understand what our friends in Australia have been complaining about for years.
Nine bucks for their very nicely-done ladders and the grabirons, too, is a very good deal....take it!

I used Intermountain ladders on my scratchbuilt Seaboard boxcar, as they were the most suitable of all the ones which I had on hand.

[Image: SCRATCHBUILT%20SEABOARD%201932%20ARA%20B...%20069.jpg]

Wayne

Messages In This Thread