Reading GP30 project
Since I'm at kind of at standstill with my "get off you duff" challenge, I decided to see if I could make some progress on another project that has been sitting on my workbench for a while. It's 3 Bachmann Spectrum GP30's for the Reading Line. I got these off of Ebay at a respectable price but they all require some work. Especially in the paint department. Also, they all had the same road #5513. I don't have any picture of these assembled when they arrived at my house but all the cabs had the yellow paint peeling off them.
[Image: IMG_3057_zpsvnictpgq.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3059_zpsjqsavcgu.jpg]

I've since stripped the paint and added drip rails and repainted 2 of them Pollyscale Reading yellow.
[Image: IMG_5088_zpsiyzdzybi.jpg]

I also stripped the paint off the GP30 shells and where the yellow paint was flaking off the cabs, the yellow paint on the shells was a bugger to get off.
[Image: IMG_4045_zps40gowdhv.jpg]

Also on the unpainted shell I have removed the dynamic brake shrouds and radiator shroud to correct what is called the "fan mistake" on these particular shells. Proto2000 has corrected this mistake with their GP30's. Also, I plan installing sound in these and right about where the fans are, I see the speaker going in.

More up date on this project later.

Messages In This Thread