Brewery shelf layout- Feedback appreciated
The space on the left is what I am most unsure about. It's about 3 square feet, which is enough to do a small scene not related to the switching action, or I can rearrange things a little. It's worth noting that I drew this with snap track, but it will all be hand laid. The arrangement can be as flexible as it needs to be.

I bought MR's industries along the tracks Vol 2 with breweries, which helped a ton with figuring out what I needed in terms of siding space. By my era almost all the beer and most of the packaging shipped by truck, so it's mostly loads in, empties out. The malting operation adds loads out, and ups the grain shipments in both directions. Adding another scene later with a feed mill would give a destination for spent grain.

Operationally, you would switch 4-5 cars in a session. As a module, you could five finger them onto the yard tracks. As part of a later layout, the brewery traffic would be pushed in from the left with a locomotive at the rear. Presumably from the adjacent town where there is a longer passing siding.

Ideally, I would love to turn the lead on the left into street running, and put some town buildings behind the track/street, with a hill in back rising up to meet the background. The road and tracks could enter the brewery complex through a gate about 2' into the scene. My concern there is how to handle the extreme left end of the layout. I want to avoid the look of rails running into a wall. I'm not sure if I can manage the sight angles well enough to hide the "end of the world" without using a tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread