Need for a D&RGW caboose
Hello,

what to do with the cupola windows?
Here my attempt:

[Image: dsc01879tij3j.jpg]
The side windows have to be converted into a more quadratical shape and to be enlarged and to be moved some to the end corners of the cupola. The sunshades were removed as i did not found any on the prototype photos. The window cross were made by 1mm stripes. This may be too heavy but here i will try some new. On the outer sinde of the window openings there were very thin insect screens flush mounted with the wall. To represent this i will glue matte glassing from the outside.
The windows on the face sides have to become some smaller and to be moven to the outer corners. This was done by filling and filing.

[Image: dsc01880q3j10.jpg]
The four side walking boards were made out of 0,5mm black styrene sheet, also with carved splices. 1 x 1mm plastic profiles will be the distance pieces for the boards.

[Image: dsc01882x6jjw.jpg]
So it looks alike when mounted. The chimmney was removed as according to prototype photos it has to be replaced on the other side.

[Image: dsc01887mxkoq.jpg]
Then there is the question for the end railings. Here my attempt with 0.5mm brass wire fixed with a mixture of solderung and glueing with CA.

Cheers Lutz

Messages In This Thread