Reading I-10 build
I actually had some time to myself this weekend, so I spent it wisely at the workbench on the I-10.

First off I have a comparison shot of the lowered roof, the modification can really be seen in this photo. On the left is the new roof line, the right is the stock model, and underneath is a prototype pic for reference. I don't know what Bachmann was thinking when the did this. When I first saw this model I felt it was a nicely done reproduction, but the more I work with it, the more I find wrong with it.

I also had to rebuild the cab windows, and touch up the drip edge on the engineers side. The cab roof was not square and needed some reworking to get it to fit properly. I checked the seams with some paint to insure I had a tight fit.

The boilers plumbing was also started. I need to stop at the not so local hobby shop to pick up some .022 wire to get to other side of the top mounted check valve piped in. The sand lines are .015 wire. I tried to reproduce the sander valve on the center sand line with a blob of solder that was filed to shape.    

My last pic will be of the generator and safety valves. The generator was a leftover from my parts bin and the safety valves were salvaged from this boiler. I just relocated them in the proper spot and placed them in the correct configuration. Bachmann had two sets of four of them for some reason.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread