FORD Auto Module
Man, you have like, all the same stuff i do. I just aquired an assembly plant, Stamping plant, and the distribution center.

I actually already had and built a distribution center, but i have not been able to employ it on my layout. I'm still working on a way to incorporate it some how.

Automobiles for a long time had been a big Industry in NJ. Until 2004, The ford assembly plant was visible from the NJ turnpike between Exits 9 and 10. they have since closed and tore down the factory. This was a big source of freight over the NEC, and there were loads of electric powered freights going northbound to the Ford Plant in edison and the GMC plant in Linden (this is one reason i've been aquiring E44 electrics, which were standard on these runs). Even today, we get lots of imported cars in the region from the port of NJ.

I have to say, the only thing preventing me from modeling this all is the space factor. Autoracks and automobile boxcars are huge. Its difficult to fit them anywhere! Anyways, good luck with the models.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread