Meanwhile, at the cottage...a scratchbuild!
Well, I actually put the car in the garage for the first time this afternoon. Actually, I asked my wife to drive it in so I could tell her just exactly where to park it. I know, I should have told her to leave it where it was, that I was just going to claim the whole thing for railway right-of-way, but I desire peace in the home.

Let's just say it was not encouraging. I can comfortably have about 6' from the wall out into the room toward the car before I reach the door smacking zone. (Even worse, the "I'll just set these groceries here (on the layout) while I answer the phone" zone! Confusedhock: )

Still, that's pretty good. Already I'm eating away at the space with my own STUFF, such as a tool chest, workbench, etc. The home does not come with any sort of garden shed, so the lawnmower, etc. has to live in there as well until other arrangements can be made. Unless a golden plan just clicks into place, I will be going for the less-is-more option. If I can nail down a plan that includes the current and under-construction dioramas I've been working on...you know, until the day I have space for a layout on which to place them...that'll be good.

Okay...don't want to blab on about this here. I'm thinking I need to start another thread and soon.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread