UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks so much Wayne! Icon_mrgreen You'll notice i didnt put in any trunks or branches, those are only meant to blend in with the "real" trees I put on the layout, just to make it appear like there is much more then there is Icon_cool . I am going to try my luck at making some "homemade" trees, hopefully they will look good and be cheaper.

Did a little more research on the DL-109's, seems CNW had one of them, The Milwaukee Road had two, both were A units. I seen pics of all three online, two sets of pics were the Milwaukee's, they were taken in Milwaukee. Oddly, the only pic I could find of the CNW one was taken in Appleton WI. The CNW and the Milwaukee BOTH had mainlines that ran right through Beloit here, wonder if any of those DL 109's ever ran through here?

Speaking of prototype pics, I found a gold mine....well, perhaps a silver mine of them here this weekend!!! What I mean is, most all you guys here remember when I used to railfan all the time, I took TONS of pics, and posted TONS of them through the years. Sadly through all the moves and all the updated computers(I'm a big computer gamer, have been since about 98, but that another story) , I have lost so much of my railfan pics, I did however have a few external hard drives through the years. Well, This weekend I came across one of them in a box!! SADLY, most of the "raw" pics I took were NOT on it, seems it mostly contains the edited pics, the "finished" pics for posting on it. 
 The good thing is they are already edited by me, the bad thing is remember when we had to make all the pics a certain size, and it was SMALL to post them on the forums, I think it was during the Zealot days? I checked the properties on them to find the dates I took them and 95% of them were "modified" between 2006-8 . BTW, I DID NOT find ALL my pics, I had TONS of rail car pics and cant find but about 5 of them, a lot of engines though. 

So Yeah!, I have SOME of my old railfan Pics!!, but BOO, now that I can post them bigger, I cant, they are set at the low pic size, and thats like 95-98% of them....cries....well, not really but....

I have NO IDEA how much space I can use at Imgur? , hope its a lot. 
ANYWAYS, In another thread I posted I had seen A GP30 in WC colors, RUNNING in Janesville's WSOR yard, I know, I know, big woup Deano, hey it was to me, I loved the look of the GP30's, and to see it RUNNING, AWESOME! Then a week later just by luck railfanning in South Beloit's ICE yard i find it there as it broke down and was headed back to where ever WSOR leased it from. Got pics of the whole thing, DEC 2008 ENJOY!!!...
[Image: kTnwe2F.jpg]

[Image: TSB9zRC.jpg]

[Image: 2mUc3Rq.jpg]

[Image: Lmgsp6s.jpg]
EDIT: WOW, SMALL PICS Sad
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread