UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
THIS WEEKS RAMBLINGS, PICS & STUFF...

Still contemplating on exactly what and how I am going to do the left side of the layout, thought I had a great plan, but as I see things and think about stuff, not 100% on just what I am doing now, LOL!

I fixed the GERN sign on my GERN plant, it really needed to be fixed. Put up some more trees on the layout, moved some buildings around and thought about putting another road through a tricky spot. I also ended up running a few engines I havent ran in a few years. luckily all but one of them really ran well! 
I have a CNW "push/pull" set, F7 and 3 commuters, looks Fantastic and ran just as good as it looked....
[Image: 6HtTe6X.jpg]

[Image: CrZ2SuV.jpg]

Anyone like Alco's? ....THIS GUY DOES! C420 & RS27....
[Image: wU7iZ0K.jpg]

A few other engines I ran this week...
[Image: iPjZN95.jpg]

[Image: g3JOAPh.jpg]

[Image: c5vFX7R.jpg]

[Image: 5quzaPN.jpg]

I bought this Y3 undecorated, it was shiny plastic black, so painted it and lettered it myself. During WW2 UP bought a few of these Y3's from N&W to help with freight service during the war, sadly, these engines did not last long as they were not fast enough for UP's needs, sure they were strong, they could pull a lot of cars, but were not fast for UP's freight. None the less, UP had them for awhile and I wanted one, so I remade UP's #3673. This engine was bar none, the best running steamer and the BEST sounding steamer I have, I put a TSUNAMI sound decoder in it. What stinks is the sound still works, but it hasnt run since Dads last layout, I stored it, moved twice, brought it out to run on my new layout here and no go, it just wont run. I took it apart but did not find any loose wires...aaaarrrggh, I have to go through the whole darn thing, I just have to get it running again. ANYWAYS, here's the pics of it...
[Image: mINBAtw.jpg]

[Image: SMZSA9S.jpg]

Till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread